Sunday, July 21, 2013

Jump Restaurant


I have begun my dining quest with Jump Restaurant. Newly renovated, located in downtown Toronto's financial district- Jump is a restaurant which offers contemporary American cuisine. I had gone on a Sunday evening with my lovely lady friends and in lieu of Summerlicious we were only offered the fixed menu. Although I'm very much aware what Summerlicious is all about, I was not all too excited on trying their menu for that event and Instead, I was looking forward to trying their main menu. However, I made no fuss and placed my order for a 3 course dinner, a choice of one appetizer, main and dessert.

I chose the Ontario Summer Salad for my appetizer, a vegetarian dish which had a mix of baby kale, asparagus, topped with pistachios and fennel dressing. A light salad with a lovely crunch, presented well; yet lacked a little in taste, at times tasting a little bitter. However, it was indeed my favorite dish.

The Housemade vegetarian lasagna is what had chosen for the main, made with roasted courgettes and Ontario mascarpone cheese. A dish in which screamed yes to the eyes and No to the palate. The dish lacked highly in flavor; very bland and "fresh". The pasta too was overcooked, a highly disappointing dish overall.

For dessert I chose the Double chocolate brownie, with chocolate mousse. Both soft and rich in flavor, Not too sweet and a perfect fit for chocolate lovers.

As mentioned before, Jump restaurant has been newly renovated and has hired a new chef. Thus resulting in a menu change, this may be a reason as to why my taste buds were not all too excited. Although it was not a busy afternoon the service was fairly slow, but it gave my friends and I a bit more time to chat, which I did not mind. The restaurant was a little difficult to find, however I loved the location, hence it is located in the downtown financial district.

Jump is vintage-modern and the sky-high atrium brings forth a warm and open feel. At this time I would not recommend this restaurant, due to the lack of quality and taste presented in the food, not to mention that they only had a fixed menu to work with. I will however give them a second chance, as I would like to have a better understanding of quality and experience they stand by in their food. If you plan to take a Jump and visit this restaurant, please feel free to share your experience in the comments section below.
Until then, below are my ratings on this restaurant.

Overall Experience - 2/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 2/5
Food Presentation - 2/5
Taste - 2/5
Location - 3/5

Address:
18 Wellington St W, Commerce Court East, Toronto, ON M5L 1L5, Canada

Phone Number: 416-363-3400

Website: www.oliverbonacini.com/jump.aspx 








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nicely said ;) i agree!

Post a Comment