Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nota Bene Restaurant


This past Friday I decided to experience the restaurant "Nota Bene", which is located minutes away from Downtown Toronto's theatre district. Opened in 2008, Nota Bene has been voted one of Canada's top ten restaurants by numerous magazines. This restaurant offers fresh and seasonal Canadian cuisine, which is affordable and perfect for shoppers looking to experience an amazing lunch at a decent price.

I began my lunch ordering the watermelon honey crush. A light and refreshing drink made with crushed ice, watermelon and honey. Very pleasant to the palate.

To start I choose the french onion rings, done in a light batter and topped with sea salt. Well seasoned, crisp and flavorsome. Absolutely the best onion rings I have had by far, this was indeed my favorite dish.

The Ricotta ravioli, with zucchini flowers and shaved truffle, is what was chosen for my main. This dish consisted of mellow flavors, however the pasta was cooked perfectly and very delicious, everything was well presented and up to par. I do however wish they served more on this dish, as what was served did no just.

Dessert was the white chocolate chip cookie, served with Ontario sour cherries and vanilla ice cream. This dessert was heavenly, just the right amount of sweet to satisfy any craving, although I must add the sour cherries were not needed. A different choice of fruit -raspberries perhaps- would have served well with the dish instead.

Nota Bene brings forth a modern atmosphere. Relaxed and the perfect place for any "foodie"! to enjoy lunch or dinner. Executive Chef David Lee presents an amazing menu and I will definitely be eating at Nota Bene again. Until then "take note" on my ratings for this restaurant.

Overall Experience - 4/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Food Presentation - 4/5
Taste - 4/5
Location - 4/5

Address:
180 Queen St W,
Toronto, ON M5V 3X3, Canada

Phone number:
416-977-6400

Website: http://notabenerestaurant.com









No comments:

Post a Comment